Monday, November 3, 2014

Just a quick post: Under the Silk Hibiscus


And it's November! This is the month that Under the Silk Hibiscus releases!

I look forward to sharing my story with you. I can't wait for you to meet Nathan Mori, Lucy, and Aunt Kazuko. Nathan takes us through his life as the middle son of a Japanese-American family from San Jose, California. He and his family are sent away to an internment camp in Heart Mountain, Wyoming after the bombing of Pearl Harbor. As you read Under the Silk Hibiscus, I hope you'll have a clearer understanding of what it meant for the 110,000 Japanese-Americans who had to evacuate their homes on the west coast and live in internment camps throughout America. I hope your knowledge of this stressful time in our country's history will increase, as well as your sympathy. But most of all, I want you to enjoy the read!

I don't want to create any spoilers. I don't want to disclose too much for those who have not read the book. But it's not too early to tell you what you will learn pretty early on----Nathan is in love with Lucy, the young girl who sings in the camp.

". . . Your book is a love story much more than it is a romance. Thank you. I really enjoyed the book." ~ Lelia Rose Foreman

Will Nathan make it out of camp? Will Lucy notice him? Will Nathan be reunited with his father, thought to be a spy?

Soon, soon, you can find out for yourself!

Get your copy at Amazon.

No comments: